Thursday, October 21, 2010

Revision Process

I like writing drafts and then having either a student or the teacher go over what I have written to give me advice over the paper. I feel that sometimes my original drafts are not as well put together as they could be, simply because at times I find it hard to think of something to write about. The revisions I usually make to my papers I believe help make the paper better, but I still like to have other people’s opinions other than just my own. Getting other people to revise my paper I believe they sometimes come up with ideas or ways to write something that I would have never thought of. In high school we would have one conference with our teacher for each paper that we were assigned to write. She would give us advice and how to make changes that would better our paper. She would just give us advice, however, and not actually tell what was all needed to make the paper an “A” paper. I believe that this worked very well. I like how we have the students revise our papers, but sometimes other students advice isn’t the best advice. I do think that having other students revise my paper is helping me to become a better writer. I also think it helps to revise other student’s papers because you can sometimes get different ideas on how to better your writing. The instructor’s comments are clear and easy to understand. If for some reason they aren’t clear, the instructor never has a problem answering the student’s questions. Overall, I think that the revision process is working very well, and hopefully helps to better my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment